Adding a Facebook Pixel in WordPress is an important step if you want to run Facebook Ads at some point. With the help of Facebook Pixel, you can show ads directly to website visitors and turn them into a long term member of your site by lead forms.
In this post, I am going to show you a step by step process of setting Facebook Pixel in WordPress and how you can later use the Pixel data to display ads to your audience.
What is Facebook Pixel?
It is a code that helps businesses leave a cookie to a user’s browser to track their activity on the website. It is helpful to run retargeting ads to website visitors.
The Facebook remarketing code can be installed on any website. It is a piece of code that can be easily generated using Facebook Ad Manager. With the help of Facebook Pixel, you can build custom audiences, run retargeting ads, engage an existing audience to take a specific action.
You can use the Facebook Pixel to:
- Find people who have interacted with a specific page on your site and show them relevant ads.
- Track and understand the impact of your ads after running an ad campaign.
What is Facebook Ads Retargeting?
When potential customers visit your website they don’t want to buy a product from you on the 1st interaction. That’s where ads retargeting comes in. It can bring those visitors back to the store and make them complete a purchase or perform any other marketing objective.
Different advertising platforms have their own retargeting ads program, including; Google Ads, Bing, and Quora.
With Facebook Ads retargeting you can bring potential customers closer to your marketing objective such as you can collect emails, offer them discounts, and coupons. It is quite a powerful tool.
Let me explain with an example. If someone visited a product page on your site and didn’t make a purchase you can use ads retargeting to show them discount offers or coupon codes. This will likely bring them back to your store and complete the purchase.
Now let’s see how we can create a Facebook Pixel and install it on our WordPress website.
Create a Facebook Pixel
1. Go to Facebook Ad Manager. Click on the left-hand sidebar menu. It will bring a drop-down menu. Select ‘Pixels’.
2. Click on the + Add New Data Source. Select ‘Facebook Pixel’ from the menu. Give any name to your Pixel and write down the website URL.
3. Facebook will recommend some installation methods. Select the 2nd method Install base code on Website.
4. Copy the given code and paste inside your website HTML
< / head > tag.
Add Facebook Pixel to Your WordPress website
Let me show you how to add this code to Your WordPress site.
1. Install this plugin ‘Insert Headers and Footers’. Read our post about how to install and activate a WordPress plugin.
2. Now, add your code inside the head section using the plugin that we just installed.
3. Bring your mouse over to settings from the sidebar WordPress menu. Select ‘Insert Headers and Footers’.
4. Add your Facebook Pixel base code inside the header. Click on the Save button.
Go back to Facebook Ad Manager. From here you can test the Facebook installation. Click on the ‘Send Test Traffic’ button down below the Pixel Base code.
If it doesn’t show you any activity then it means your base code is not correctly installed. Double-check the installation and make sure you have added the code inside the HTML
< head >.
It is quite a simple process to track users with the help of Facebook Pixel. In any case, if you face any issue with the installation, please write your comments down below.